Sunday, July 10, 2011

I love Amazon!

I wrote in a previous post how Israel is relatively short on reasonably priced department stores. Needless to say, I do A LOT of online shopping. Aside from being cheaper, I work between 10-12 hours every day so there's not much time to hit the malls. I love ordering from Amazon because I find that they have great sales, and because I cash in my rewards from my Swagbucks account for Amazon coupons.

I'd like to feature 2 of my most recent purchases that I'm thrilled with.
The first, is the Where's Waldo Collection, all 6 Where's Waldo? books in a cardboard case. I bought a Where's Waldo book here in Israel (thought it was called "Effo Affi.") for 89 shekel! When I saw 6 books on Amazon for under $30 I was THRILLED.

I originally purchased this for my 4 year old, but my 7 and 8 year old refuse to put it down either. I'm not embarrassed to admit that I've wiled away an afternoon myself with these books.This set was also the most economical at $15 off! Where's Waldo? The Complete Collection



Another recent purchase is:Playmobil Ghost Pirate
I bought this pirate just last week after literally weeks of my son begging for it. The kids are all going through a playmobil stage right now. A word on playmobil: although it tends to be expensive, it is one of the few toys (Along with Clics) that can keep my kids busy for HOURS. Anything that can keep my children occupied for THAT long is a winner in my book, so we do buy a lot of playmobil. A good idea though is to first buy one of the sets that come with a carrier case. That way, all subsequent teeny tiny pieces, like a spoon the size of an ant, fit right into the case. My son's first playmobil set was this:Playmobil Pirate Treasure Chest
and I believe that's the reason we don't lose any pieces since everything goes right in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment