Sunday, July 10, 2011

Welcome To My Life

I have often been told by friends and acquaintances to start blogging my life and experiences. No, my life isn't all that fascinating. I am not a famous superstar or politician. But weird things do seem to happen to me often and I put a positive spin on it with my sense of humor.

A proper introduction is in order. I'm 28 years old and I live in Israel. I grew up in Brooklyn, New York and moved to Israel with my new husband at 18 knowing not much more then my new address. My head was in the clouds and how I managed to come through is still beyond me. I still remember my mother sitting me down in the airport to give me words of wisdom as a new wife. ("Make sure to take the chicken OUT of the package before cooking it. When putting something into a pot, make sure the fire is ON.") Now, 10 years and 4 children later, I'm doing it!

My husband and myself both work 2 full time jobs each in order to be comfortable and, thank G-d, it works for us (More details on that fascinating topic later).  We often host large Shabbos (Sabbath) meals for my husband's students. My 4 children are adorable, but certainly a handful with most of them acting more like teenagers then toddlers. A brief example: A few weeks ago, my one year old microwaved my digital camera. That's not a joke. He climbed onto my dining room table, took the camera, climbed down, pushed the chair over to the microwave, climbed up, opened he door, placed the camera inside, closed the door, and pressed high. Approximate 4 minutes and 32 seconds later, I had  Canon A500 soup. Suffice it to see, our home is an active one.

 Our days are packed with work and responsibilities, but our happy home works for us. How, will be a subject explored further in this blog. Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment