Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sundays It Begins Anew

I started a diet today
It's going to be different then the rest
I'm determined, I'm committed, my head's on straight
and I'm going to try my best

I'll stick to the plan completely
It isn't even a question
Healthful snacks and leafy greens
And Tums to prevent indigestion

The day started with half a grapefruit
I washed it down with some camomile
A half an hour of jogging later
I was looking forward to my next healthful meal

Lunch got a little bit iffy
Things became somewhat amiss
I had my large salad with salmon
But I washed it down with a Hershey Kiss

Listen, it was only one
You have no right to judge
I did my exercise! I drank my water!
And who can resist the taste of fudge?!

At 3 o'clock on the dot
It was time for my well-earned snack
Fat free yogurt and celery sticks
And my perseverance began to crack

It was only 7 Potato chips
4 Jelly beans- just a small taste
I deserve it! I'd worked so hard up till now!
And I wouldn't want it to go to waste

I did a couple of sit ups
A half-attempt at yoga, for argument's sake
Drank a bottle of water
Washed it down with a brownie cake

By the time supper rolled 'round
I was armed with new-found conviction
But the healthy choices I'd painstakingly planned
Just didn't come to fruition.

I started off with a protein
And a dollop of something green
But dessert was the rest of the potato chips
Behind the sofa so I wouldn't be seen

It didn't end there, though I wish it had
A box of cookies, some chocolate, what sorrow!
Pringles, ice cream, a doughnut or three
Oh well....there's always tomorrow.

1 comment: